Framework Magazine: The Modern Girl’s Guide to Dressing

November 15, 2012
framework-holiday-issue-1

I’m so excited to share this with all of you – I got to collaborate with two of my favourite ladies (Jen Pistor, who styled and wrote this piece, and Alicia Quan, who shot the spread) on this wonderful Framework Magazine editorial for their stunning, hot-off-the-press holiday issue.

The piece is all about taking an extremely holiday-esque dress (which can sometimes feel intimidating or limiting in the styling-department) and make it work into limitless looks. From cozy cocktails by the fire to a holiday soirรฉe, check out how this stunning Nanette Lepore dress (pulled from Vancouver retailer Wear Else) makes its rounds! Be sure to check out the rest of the beautiful holiday issue too – there are so many wonderful features in it and I could not love the way this Vancouver-based publication represents the many talented female entrepreuners (and their passions) that this city is lucky to have.

Happy Thursday everyone!

• Reply Ginny November 15, 2012 at 2:33 pm

So exciting! You look beautiful!
    Ginny
    mynewfavoriteoutfit.blogspot.com

• Reply Sasha November 15, 2012 at 2:59 pm

Oooh, I looove that dress! I am always amazed at how well people mix and match clothes! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply Leah November 15, 2012 at 3:27 pm

Great article, and you look beautiful! hooray for the holidays.

• Reply Cee November 15, 2012 at 3:30 pm

I loved reading this feature, pally – must have been something about the gorgeous model ๐Ÿ˜‰ That Nanette Lepore dress is a stunner, what a shame it had to go back to the store!

• Reply Lotus Blossom Design November 15, 2012 at 3:34 pm

how exciting! love the article and you look beautiful! xo

• Reply Wren KW November 15, 2012 at 3:34 pm

I love this post and every single style. You look stunning.

What an exciting feature!

• Reply Stesha Jordan November 15, 2012 at 3:35 pm

You look amazing in all of these!! Congrats on the spread ๐Ÿ™‚

xxS

• Reply Heidi November 15, 2012 at 3:35 pm

That dress is gorgeous and so holiday. I love seeing it styled different ways, very versatile. -Heidi

• Reply Sara Strauss November 15, 2012 at 3:56 pm

So exciting! Such a great article! That dress is amazing!
    ~Sara

• Reply Naomi at The Occasional Indulgence November 15, 2012 at 4:34 pm

Woohoo! You look great in every style!

• Reply JennaStevie November 15, 2012 at 5:08 pm

This is a really great holiday dress and I love how you made it work for other occasions!! It's to sad to shove a pretty party dress away and wear it once a year. Great looks!!

• Reply Well... November 15, 2012 at 6:06 pm

Omgsh, congrats on this! You totally made a gorgeous model for this article ๐Ÿ™‚ Love the three ways you made that glitzy top work

Trendy Teal

• Reply Stefani November 15, 2012 at 6:14 pm

Congrats on the article! You look stunning as usual ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply Sarah Beth November 15, 2012 at 6:19 pm

Great article! You've earned it!

xoxo Sarah Beth

Caring Cowls

• Reply Mehak November 15, 2012 at 6:54 pm

Congratulations girl!! That is such an amazing dress.. You look great!!

Love
    Mehak

• Reply t November 15, 2012 at 6:57 pm

Nice looks for the Holidays!

• Reply Heather November 15, 2012 at 7:05 pm

OOOO i love all your takes on the dress. I esp love the after 5 event esp since being a fashion blogger and having a full time job i'm always trying to wear appropriate 9 to 5 appropriate looks and good for events as well.

• Reply Marsa November 15, 2012 at 7:50 pm

congratulations! you look absolutely beautiful ๐Ÿ™‚

happyleeliving.blogspot.com

• Reply his little lady November 15, 2012 at 8:39 pm

Aw, how exciting! You look fabulous girl!!!
    xo TJ

• Reply Michelle Foster November 15, 2012 at 9:22 pm

Congrats!
    Awesome job ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply Jodi November 16, 2012 at 1:35 am

WOW< that dress looks so great on you in all the examples.. you are so photogenic too.. what a great spread!! Jodi

• Reply Erin November 16, 2012 at 1:56 am

Congrats on the feature! I love all the different ways you styled this dress. Wearing a skirt over a dress is always a killer way to give it some more life, and I'm loving the fun vest look at the bottom.

-Erin-
    OneTwoSummer

• Reply MizzJ November 16, 2012 at 5:07 am

You look stunning in that dress and I'm surprised how well it transitions into everyday wear. Great styling by Jen!

• Reply Sofia Donatelli November 16, 2012 at 8:09 am

Great looks!

Sofia

Stylishlyinlove.blogspot.com

• Reply RoselyC November 16, 2012 at 1:21 pm

This is such a great article. Most of us tend to buy a dress for one occasion and never wear it again. This proves that with the right accessories you can extend the life and use of a beautiful dress.
    By the way you look great.

• Reply lilieslattesandlace.com November 16, 2012 at 1:29 pm

You look so fantastic here, I almost can't believe that is the same dress in all 3 looks!
    xo K

• Reply Alissa November 16, 2012 at 1:53 pm

Oh my gosh that is incredible! I love that the same dress is in all of the looks yet they look completely different!

• Reply Amaya Lavid. November 16, 2012 at 5:27 pm

Hi!! I discovered your blog now!! I follow you!!

Look at my blog, I wish you like!!

Kiss!! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply Shaina November 16, 2012 at 5:56 pm

Love the styling! Especially that gold dress!

• Reply Jenna DeSantis November 16, 2012 at 7:14 pm

Congrats on your publication! How exciting! I adore the second look, so chic!

XO Jenna

• Reply Kimberly November 16, 2012 at 7:41 pm

Such a cool post – and congrats on your feature! Love all the ways you styled it…seriously obsessed with metallics right now ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply Angie | Pandaphilia.com November 17, 2012 at 2:10 am

congrats on the feature! i like the gilded pieces you're wearing and that mag is super cool. I discovered you on Chictopia today and thought I'd say hi ๐Ÿ™‚

It would make me happy if you visited too!
    pandaphilia fashion

• Reply runnninginhersleep November 17, 2012 at 10:49 am

Love the pieces,
    you are soo cute x

runninginhersleep.blogspot.com

• Reply Laura November 17, 2012 at 5:43 pm

That is SUCH a beautiful dress, OMG. I want it!!!!
    Congrats on the feature :).
    – Laura S

• Reply Lynn {hearted girl} November 17, 2012 at 7:41 pm

omg Alex, love is an understatement! i'm absolutely, flat out blown off my feet with this amazing shoot. and not just 1 awesome look, but 3!! you look stunning and that dress is killer. the girls did a fab job on this piece, everything comes together so well. hmmm, wonder if more collabz like this will be happening, sure hope so!

ohhhhhh, can't wait to get dressed up for the holidays, i would wear something sparkly every day forever and ever if i could – baha! โ™ฅ

ps: looks like the get-together might not happen till Jan – will keep you posted with any updates though. xo

• Reply Ramona November 18, 2012 at 1:07 am

Alexandra you look so beautiful.Dress is absolutely gorgeous. Styling is fabulous.And photo shoot is ..woow!
    I can't wait Christmas to come.
    โ™ฅ
    xoxo Ra

• Reply Andrea Santos November 18, 2012 at 3:07 am

Love this shoot and the styling! Amazing.

xo Andrea

• Reply Haylie November 18, 2012 at 3:47 am

This is so awesome! Congratulations ๐Ÿ™‚
    The dress is gorgeous, and I love that each look is realistically styled.

-Haylie

• Reply Petite Adventures November 18, 2012 at 1:18 pm

Absolutely stunning! I love all three looks that you're wearing!

Kate xo petite-adventures.blogspot.ca

• Reply Margaret Cruzemark November 18, 2012 at 3:07 pm

Amazing post. You have such a fantastic blog. It would be great if we could follow each other.
    Best Regards
    Miss Margaret Cruzemark

• Reply Courtney Starr November 19, 2012 at 1:35 am

This is amazing!!! Congrats and you look beautiful

girlavantgarde.com

• Reply Nikki | The Ginger Diaries November 19, 2012 at 2:10 pm

You look amazing in all three looks ๐Ÿ™‚ I want a sequin dress for the holidays, but find them very intimidating to wear ๐Ÿ™‚ I also have this rule where if I buy a new piece, i try to mix it in (at least) three ways with items I already have. Makes it nearly impossible to find a good reason to buy a sparkly dress! x

• Reply Sarah November 20, 2012 at 1:56 am

The last look is my favorite, so so gorgeous!

• Reply Katarina Chebenova November 20, 2012 at 5:31 pm

great post, lovely dress. congrats to collaboration, you did great job

• Reply hermes bag outlet December 4, 2012 at 6:53 am

When evaluating find a christmas gifts like Louis vuitton is alright, will still be worth referring to that will often cheap rolex watches which can be promoted in cut down tremendously charges might be beneath advantageous, catier bangles means you'll need to be without doubt you are acquiring a real waterproof jackets
    rather than a counterfeit. Consequently, you must frequent the best designer's discount gucci handbags outlet where you can make sure that discounted designer handbags won't be low-cost chanel bag online reproductions, plus the better places needs to be offering items of fine quality cheap hermes handbags while on significantly lower rates.