Raison d’être

November 12, 2012

Zara sweater, Club Monaco dress & tights, gloves c/o Etre, H&M booties,
bag c/o Roots, Wilfred coat c/o Aritzia, scarf c/o Little Burgundy

Well, it’s official: for my weak and ever-frigid body temperature, it is now completely impossible for me to walk out the door without at least a scarf, pair of gloves or a comfy toque on. And while iPod-friendly gloves have been around for a few years now, I don’t think there are too many that are as chic as these new Fairisle knit ones I got from Etre – what’s more, the hint of deep Bordeaux red in them works perfectly with my current favourite scarf, of whose hold on me I wrote about a couple weeks ago.

Though it may have been a bit too chilly for my internal thermometer (which is usually happiest in super humid heat), the long weekend we’ve been enjoying has been pretty amazing – even with a bit of a fever, I couldn’t help but have an incredible time with my bro (who managed to make it back in town for his birthday) and sisters. Lots of long walks, tea and movies. Having all the family together always brings to mind the holidays since that’s usually the only time we’re able to bring everyone from their different corners back home. So with a taste of the big family extravaganza to come, I’m starting to get really amped up for the winter holidays. I am definitely one of those people who can happily start singing Christmas carols and watching favourite holiday movies (mine’s A Christmas Story) right around November 15th and carry straight through until December 25th, and never tire of it whatsoever.

Anyway, it’s not too early for you to be thinking Christmas thoughts either, especially if they center around you getting yourself a much-needed pre-holiday pick-me-up: check out my super easy-to-enter giveaway with INPINK and either you’ll be one of the lucky 30 to win a $30 online voucher or for just entering you’ll score a $15 voucher instead!

Happy Monday!

• Reply Mounette November 12, 2012 at 2:45 pm

Nice automn look!

• Reply Lotus Blossom Design November 12, 2012 at 3:21 pm

great look xo

• Reply Pins, Needles & Fashion November 12, 2012 at 3:24 pm

You look stunning! I love love love that coat and those gloves are adorable!

• Reply Tyne Swedish November 12, 2012 at 3:31 pm

Such a great scarf and sweater! And those gloves…don't even. They are fab!

• Reply Kenzie Lee November 12, 2012 at 3:36 pm

I think I need to add that scarf and those gloves to my wishlist! Great color and they look so warm!

xo, Kenzie

• Reply danni November 12, 2012 at 3:36 pm

Hi Lovely! I love the pops of red in this outfit! feels like fall 🙂

xo danni

• Reply Claudia Saadeh November 12, 2012 at 3:37 pm

comfy and cool x x x

• Reply Cee November 12, 2012 at 3:38 pm

These photos are gorgeous, pally – the lighting is just unreal – and so are you. The deep shades of navy and bordeaux suit you beautifully. Miss you, girl. Must Skype soon!

• Reply Leila November 12, 2012 at 4:13 pm

You look GORGEOUS. How do you stay so cute when it's cold? I always look like a lumpy blob. Teach me how to dress for chilly weather, because you have mastered it!

• Reply Wren KW November 12, 2012 at 4:24 pm

It has been so cold lately! I definitely am busting out the scarves asap. And Elvis Presley is definitely filling my apartment with Christmas cheer as I type this.

• Reply Kimberly November 12, 2012 at 4:27 pm

Another lovely layered look – completely agree with you, those gloves are adorable!

• Reply Neris / Fashion Fractions November 12, 2012 at 4:35 pm

in love with your gloves! and how gorgeous are your photos 🙂

Fashion Fractions

• Reply Marsa November 12, 2012 at 4:41 pm

absolutely beautiful as usual 🙂 especially the scarf and gloves

• Reply Courtney Erin November 12, 2012 at 4:59 pm

Love the gloves – I really need to get a pair of the ipod friendly ones for this winter because glove and scarf weather is also upon us here in Edmonton.

Courtney ~

• Reply JennaStevie November 12, 2012 at 5:01 pm

I am in such a Christmas mood already, the snow fell and in my mind that mean's it's Christmastime.
    I love all the layers here, you look so cozy and chic! Those mittens are really wonderful, I need to get my hands into something like that, they're pretty chilly right now

• Reply Lynn {hearted girl} November 12, 2012 at 6:53 pm

well, it's also official how much i adore this cozy, stylin' look you've put together Alex! adding a touch of Fairisle knit just makes it all the more special, love those gloves lades!! the amount of family time you're getting must be making up for the moments you were away and aren't you glad that at least our Van. winters are waaay more mild than back East. yipes! i remember being snowed in for days when i lived there – krazy.

happy Monday sweetness, sure hope to see your pretty face soon…i may have something up my sleeve for a get-together. will keep you posted! xo ♥

• Reply Sarah Beth November 12, 2012 at 6:58 pm

Love it as always!

xoxo Sarah Beth

Caring Cowls

• Reply Tiffany November 12, 2012 at 7:44 pm

love all the layers and the accessories, you look perfect for this chilly weather!

• Reply pucefanatic November 12, 2012 at 8:24 pm

This scarf looks so comfy!

• Reply Naomi at The Occasional Indulgence November 12, 2012 at 8:56 pm

Fair isle print is one of my favorite things about winter!

• Reply Styleclouds November 12, 2012 at 8:59 pm

Beautiful photos! I love this cozy winter look! It will come to us soon as well! :-)xo, Christina

• Reply Ramona November 12, 2012 at 9:10 pm

I looove Christmas! It's my favorite time of the year. I just can't wait for this holiday to come.
    It's sounds like you had a bless with your family. Thats nice!
    I think casual, simple looks and layering is perfect for Fall/Winter.
    You look absolutely gorgeous in this look.

xoxo Ra

• Reply Marie-Eve November 13, 2012 at 12:31 am

You look very cozy ! Love the whole look ! It's getting very cold in Montreal too ! It's now officially coat and boots time !
    My Blog – A Pretty Nest

• Reply Melissa November 13, 2012 at 1:17 am

You look so warm and cozy! I will have to start layering up in my photos soon. I have been quickly taking my coat off for photos but it's getting to cold for that.

I hope you're doing well.

• Reply McKenna Bleu November 13, 2012 at 2:16 am

Love this look!! Looks Beautiful on you, thanks for sharing.

• Reply Sara Strauss November 13, 2012 at 3:35 am

Love your outfit! I think it's time I got ipod-friendly gloves because I always forget that it doesn't work and then end up taking my gloves off and having frozen fingers! lol

• Reply Cathy November 13, 2012 at 4:14 am

It's official…you are the queen of red and layered looks! Always stunning 🙂

• Reply Holly November 13, 2012 at 4:48 am

wow, i think these are my favourite of your photos to date, so pretty! p.s. my christmas countdown has already begun!

• Reply November 13, 2012 at 4:58 am

Great layering, the scarf is goregeous!

• Reply Elizabeth November 13, 2012 at 5:49 am

Very jealous you get to wear sweaters right now! You look so cozy and chic with all those layers!

xo Elizabeth

• Reply Elisabeth November 13, 2012 at 6:01 am

Your outfit looks so warm and comfortable! 🙂 Don't miss the necklace competition on my blog!

E from Helsinki

• Reply Well... November 13, 2012 at 8:42 am

Another gorgeously chic, and layered outfit! I just love the knit scarf and cute gloves 🙂

Trendy Teal

• Reply Minnie November 13, 2012 at 10:13 am

Awesome look. 🙂 love those gloves

xoxo Minnie

• Reply t November 13, 2012 at 12:58 pm

I like those gloves!

• Reply sweet harvest moon November 13, 2012 at 2:32 pm

Love the scarf, gloves, sweater and coat combination! So beautiful together!

• Reply Heidi November 13, 2012 at 5:43 pm

This outfit looks so cozy! Your layering is perfection. -Heidi

• Reply Andy After Flats November 15, 2012 at 3:56 am

Lovely outfit as usual! And you look pretty as usual! 🙂

Comfy Rollable Shoes

• Reply Sarah November 15, 2012 at 4:37 am

LOVE LOVE this! That chunky scarf is amazing!

• Reply Sofia Donatelli November 16, 2012 at 8:13 am

Love your layered look today. Beautiful job!

• Reply Petite Adventures November 17, 2012 at 1:39 pm

Love this look – it's the perfect fall ensemble!

Kate xo

• Reply hermes bag outlet December 11, 2012 at 9:19 am

In the fashion catier pendents driven world, there is no dearth of fashionable accessories. However, they come with mens jackets exorbitant price tags. Here comes the significance of discount cheap gucci handbags in the picture. These discount handbags are classy for professional chanel classic bag women as they suit their flamboyant personality. They are inexpensive and stylish with a touch of excellence and uniqueness hermes bag outlet . Glamorous is the right word that describes the authentic designer handbags. It surely gives you a reason to celebrate special louis vuitton monogram canvas moments in your life with great élan.