The Elusive Sober Hangover

October 31, 2012

Shoes c/o Joe Fresh, Old Navy jeans, Pollen Sweater Inc. sweater,
plaid shirt c/o Old Navy, bag c/o Roots, bracelets c/o INPINK
This is what you wear when you’re so exhausted you just don’t want to think. We snapped these after going out for Halloween last weekend, i.e. the night that I, as designated driver, had to stand sober and freezing in the pouring rain crying because the City of Vancouver decided to tow my car for being “over six metres from the corner of the curb.” Anyway, this little condiment (see costume picture below) had to cab all the way to Sketchsville in the middle of nowhere to pick up my car, walking up and down the impound lot with Mustard (Matt), combing the parking stalls in my somewhat skanky ketchup costume with no coat, no umbrella, nothing.
So anyway, long story short: come Sunday morning, I felt like doo-doo, looked like doo-doo and only wanted to wear comfy flares and my comfiest sweater and not even attempt to smize for the camera. It was like a sober hangover. What a treat, really…Matt and I got to suffer in solidarity, only I hadn’t touched any alcohol…that seems fair (NAT!).

I guess all’s well that ends well, though – my car wasn’t stolen (which is what I’d naturally assumed when it had magically vanished from the street), I’m going to dispute the ticket and always love a good challenge and more than anything, TODAY I AM FREE TO EAT CHOCOLATE!!! After ending Whole30 yesterday, I’m slowly reintroducing food groups back into my diet – since dairy is the first on the list, I think I’m gonna steal juuuuust a few mini chocolate bars from the Halloween stash for the little kiddies for myself. Oh happy day!!! Aaaand, more INPINK goodness via these lovely bangles – seriously, stay tuned for next week, so excited for what we have in store for you guys!

Happy Halloween everyone!

• Reply October 31, 2012 at 2:13 pm

Uggghh sounds like a seriously painful night, but congrats on making it all the way through your challenge!
    xo K

• Reply Andrea October 31, 2012 at 2:34 pm

you are beyond gorgeous!! Could you please consider following each other? Twitter:@shineonbyandrea

• Reply Marie a la Mode October 31, 2012 at 2:36 pm

Love the flares and the sweater layered over the plaid shirt! Sorry to hear your car was towed : ( But I think this is a story you'll look back on and laugh about next year. I had to giggle when I pictured a ketchup and mustard bottle walking around the lot ; ).

• Reply JennaStevie October 31, 2012 at 2:42 pm

Ahhh I am so sorry to hear about your car, that is the absolute worst! I would be super upset about that too, your ketchup and mustard costumes are so cute though!!
    And the flares and that cozy sweater are the perfect cute and comfy outfit when you're not feeling great

• Reply Cara October 31, 2012 at 2:54 pm

This outfit is hands down one of my absolute favourites of yours, you look AMAZING! The colour is perfect, the wide leg denim, the layered tops, gorgeous.

Too bad about your car! Glad you got home safe,

And love the costumes, so cute!

xo Cara

• Reply Naomi at The Occasional Indulgence October 31, 2012 at 3:07 pm

Totally lame that they towed you! But it sounds like you have a positive attitude now. I love your outfit~

• Reply Mounette October 31, 2012 at 3:08 pm

I love your red pull!

• Reply Lotus Blossom Design October 31, 2012 at 3:10 pm

love that look! sorry about your car ๐Ÿ™ and great costume! xo

• Reply Cathy October 31, 2012 at 3:25 pm

Just when I post a fabulous look of you in red, you create another! So gorgeous in this color, girl ๐Ÿ™‚ Your Halloween costumes are hilarious!

• Reply alison*elle October 31, 2012 at 3:39 pm

Oh no, that's awful! I can imagine how scary it must have been initially when your car just totally disappeared. And while you felt like crap, you certainly didn't look it the next day, Alex! Love your couple costume too… what a cute idea.

xo, alison*elle

• Reply Heather October 31, 2012 at 3:53 pm

Loveee your whole look!!! The colors are prefect and it's dressy but laid back.

OMG I'm glad your car was just towed and not stolen! At least you guys looked adorable! Good luck disputing the ticket!

• Reply allie October 31, 2012 at 4:05 pm

I've never seen a better looking ketchup bottle!

Allie at

• Reply Irene Buffa October 31, 2012 at 4:19 pm

Hi dear! Love your blog :3 what do you think of followin each other? ๐Ÿ™‚ NEW IN FROM DIOR!

• Reply Carlee, Almost Endearing October 31, 2012 at 4:24 pm

Sorry about your car that is awful! Your couple costumes are super cute and I love your outfit today!
    Almost Endearing

• Reply Kimberly October 31, 2012 at 4:25 pm

I agree with Allie – you look gorgeous even when dressed silly! Also love the plaid shirt and flared jeans combo above…perfect, classic & oh-so fall ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply Katie- Hems for Her October 31, 2012 at 5:05 pm

Man, that sucks! I would have thought that my car had been stolen too! I love this outfit. It is so cute, even if you are feeling like doo-doo!

• Reply Kelli October 31, 2012 at 5:58 pm

AHHH… you poor thing!! Our car was towed in SF recently, and it was the absolute worst feeling ever. On the bright side, a good challenge is always fun ๐Ÿ™‚ GOOD LUCK!!
    Leopard and Lavender

• Reply JennyScribbles October 31, 2012 at 6:02 pm

love your halloween costume!
    you look so cute!

I felt like garbage the day after my Halloween Party but with reason (there was a keg)…

• Reply Jen October 31, 2012 at 6:08 pm

Serious props to you for still going out to take photos when you were feeling like that – you're the most hardworking blogger I know (and you still look gorgeous)! I'm glad everything worked out in the end for the car in spite of that long ordeal. Also, congrats on completing WHOLE 30! So happy for you and proud of you for not cheating even once! Enjoy your chocolate today!

• Reply Marisa October 31, 2012 at 10:22 pm

Aw, what a terrible way to end your Halloween party but the good news is your car wasn't stolen and hopefully they'll find you in the right when you dispute your ticket. The ketchup and mustard costumes are adorable! And how perfect that your Whole 30 challenge ended the day before Halloween. If you planned it that way, you're a genius!

• Reply Kacie November 1, 2012 at 12:39 am

Your bell bottoms look great on you! I love the red sweater and top! Cute costumes ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply Erin November 1, 2012 at 1:25 am

Way to look at the bright side! And you look so beautiful in red! I love how you rock flares too; it's so refreshing!

• Reply Petite Adventures November 1, 2012 at 2:47 am

That sounds like a horrible halloween, especially because you had to waste such an amazing costume! On the bright side, you look absolutely stunning in red!

Kate xo

• Reply pinkandplum November 1, 2012 at 4:26 am

You still look gorgeous despite how you may have felt- red is DEFINITELY your color ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply Allison November 1, 2012 at 4:49 am

Man, what a bummer halloween!! Those parking people are the worst!! But seriously, after a night like that, you look gorgeous! I love red on you- it's totally your color!
    AND PS, please don't forget to enter my 1500 follower GIVEAWAY here! ๐Ÿ™‚
    A's Fashion Files
    Shop Kawaii Kitsch by A on Etsy!

• Reply nicola lynde November 1, 2012 at 7:53 am

I totally had a sober hangover sunday courtesy of staying up late watching chick flicks and a very drunk husband crashing around at 5 am. Worst ever. Enjoy the mini chocolate bars, I've been hankering for one for days.

• Reply Styleclouds November 1, 2012 at 7:54 am

You look amazing! xo, Christina

• Reply Yuriza Astari Rizkyta November 1, 2012 at 10:07 am

Love your outfit! You look beautiful.

• Reply Annie November 1, 2012 at 10:59 am

This is one of my FAVORITE outfits! Love those flare jeans, the red looks amazing on you, and the plaid/buffalo check peeking out is the cutest ๐Ÿ™‚

The Other Side of Gray

• Reply Beauty Follower November 1, 2012 at 12:24 pm

Great denim look!

Have a lovely month ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply dreamingincashmere November 2, 2012 at 8:43 am

Red is totally amazing on you!! I love the whole look! Your costumes are so clever & cute. Sorry about your car, but SO happy that you got to eat some chocolate!!!!