The Best Is Yet to Come

October 30, 2012

Wilfred coat c/o Aritzia, bag c/o Mary Nichols, H&M blouse & booties,
Club Monaco skirt & booties, earrings c/o INPINK
Today is the last day of my Whole30 challenge! I’m proud to say, I didn’t cheat once: didn’t consume a touch of dairy, gluten, grains, alcohol, soy, legumes or sugar for the past 30 days, and to be totally honest…it wasn’t that bad. I asked if any of you wanted to hear about my month-long experience in yesterday’s post and since the response was a pretty resounding “yes,” here it is: while I don’t think this is a way of eating long-term for myself (I live by “everything in moderation”), it’s definitely something I will continue doing several days a week in the months to come and I’ll definitely do the Whole30 again (planning for January).
I sleep better, my skin looks and feels better, bloating/cramps/most other tummy discomforts are usually nonexistent, energy is more consistent during the day and my digestion is much better. Most importantly though, while I’ve always been a huge foodie and naturally sought high-quality food, the program has really opened my eyes to just how important it is to always be aware of what you’re putting in your body. More than any other cream, shampoo or makeup you can put on your face, your diet inevitably manifests itself physically and psychologically in more ways than you could imagine. My final word on Whole30?
It’s only 30 days…anyone can do it. You don’t need to be suffering from a digestive condition or serious health ailment in order to feel the benefits – even if you’re just looking to improve your relationship with food or try more “clean” recipes for awhile, it’s definitely worth it for anyone and everyone! If anyone would like a little doc of some of my favourite recipes, simply email me at tovogueorbust [at] gmail [dot] com and I’ll forward you the file within the week!
Anyway, on another note: these INPINK earrings = major love. I love that they’re an amazing statement piece yet still something I’d wear every day. Even more amazing? I’ll be teaming up with them next week for a very cool partnership – stay tuned!

Photos by Jen

• Reply Katie- Hems for Her October 30, 2012 at 1:44 pm

I will definitely be emailing you. And while this post is about eating well, I cannot ignore this amazing outfit- I love the plum and pumpkin colors together- it is so beautiful!

• Reply Neris / Fashion Fractions October 30, 2012 at 2:17 pm

i love all the orange tones in the nature and in your outfit! so pretty!

Fashion Fractions

• Reply Tracy Hodgson October 30, 2012 at 2:32 pm

You look stunning and i adore the first pictures coat!

• Reply Heather October 30, 2012 at 2:41 pm

I love these colors!!! It's so fall and beautiful!

• Reply fatima October 30, 2012 at 2:45 pm

Glad to know your experience worked out! Eating healthier always improves my complexion and the shine of my hair. Anyways, lovely outfit. I adore how the soft, warm colors of your outfit remind me of the gorgeous fall leaves in the background. The scenery in these photographs is stunning – lovely location! Your earrings are adorable. I agree with you! They are definitely statement pieces but you make them look so wearable in this post, especially since you are wearing other items that are brighter and bolder. Lovely outfit ๐Ÿ™‚ x

Love, Fatima (fashionpilgrim)
    Twitter: @fashpilgrim
    Instagram: @fashionpilgrim

• Reply JennaStevie October 30, 2012 at 2:48 pm

These photos are SOOO beautiful!!! I love the colours in this outfit, perfect for fall, and they look great on you. I love that blouse, I need some like that in pretty colours.
    I`m glad to hear the challenge wasn't so bad and helped you feel better. It is definitely important to be aware of what we`re putting in our bodies!

• Reply Charity Poole October 30, 2012 at 2:56 pm

Those earrings are so beautiful!

• Reply Courtney Erin October 30, 2012 at 3:00 pm

I know a lot of people who have tried this and said the experience was a positive one so I am definitely interested in trying to myself. On another note, that coat is really breathtaking on you – what a wonderful piece.

Courtney ~

• Reply A Fine Balance October 30, 2012 at 3:11 pm

I needd to try this this. I've talked about tummy issues from ym days competing but i would love recipes if you're willing to shre! Iw ill send you an email and I love this Aritzia jacket…

• Reply Mounette October 30, 2012 at 3:15 pm

Nice automn look!

• Reply Gabriele October 30, 2012 at 3:19 pm

perfect outfit, love the beautiful fall colour palette.

• Reply alison*elle October 30, 2012 at 3:58 pm

Love all these rich tones you're wearing, Alex! And glad to hear that Whole30 worked out for you! I've been thinking about doing one of those juice cleanses but haven't gotten around to it yet.

xo, alison*elle

• Reply Naomi at The Occasional Indulgence October 30, 2012 at 4:07 pm

I admire you for sticking to it and not cheating! I don't know if I have that much restrain, especially with dairy! Great look as always, love~

• Reply Ashley Aspinwall October 30, 2012 at 4:31 pm

LOVING your coat!

xo SideSmile,

SideSmile Style

• Reply Sarah October 30, 2012 at 4:50 pm

All of your fall outfits are so gorgeous! The colors are so pretty and I just love that coat! xo

• Reply Jessica Gitler October 30, 2012 at 4:55 pm

just the perfect fall outfit … love the jacket a lot!!

• Reply Kimberly October 30, 2012 at 5:13 pm

Gorgeous outfit – so in love with that coat and this mix of colors! Will definitely be researching the Whole30 program to see if it's something I should try ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply runnninginhersleep October 30, 2012 at 5:43 pm

You are so beautiful! Such cute photos,

• Reply JennyScribbles October 30, 2012 at 5:56 pm

lovin' those earrings!

not heard about the whole30, but i'm looking for a good cleansing program to do before Christmas, so i'll check it out ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply Faith October 30, 2012 at 6:05 pm

Your earrings are stunning!

Love this outfit. You are beautiful!

• Reply WestmountFashionista October 30, 2012 at 6:26 pm

What a gorgeous coat and all of these colors together are total fall perfection together!

• Reply Well... October 30, 2012 at 7:20 pm

Oh wow, this is one gorgeous fall outfit – and the background fits it perfectly! ๐Ÿ™‚
    Haha, love the rich, colorful shades

Trendy Teal

• Reply Ramona October 30, 2012 at 9:27 pm

I'm glad to hear that it helped you and that you are feeling better. It's true that our diet reflect our look and how do we feel.
    You look lovely in these fall colors.
    xoxo Ra

• Reply 20 YORK STREET October 30, 2012 at 9:41 pm

The earrings are fantastic indeed! I've heard about that 30 days, I am thinking about trying it!

Glad to hear it has such positive side effects on you! Love the entire ensemble!

Follow @20YS on Twitterย : @20YS
    Follow @20YS on Facebook: TWENTY YORK STREET
    Recent post:

• Reply Minnie October 30, 2012 at 9:49 pm

Well this Whole 30 thing sounds awesome. Maybe I'll really start it ๐Ÿ™‚
    thanks for sharing your experiences.
    And I really like your coat it looks awesome ๐Ÿ˜€

xoxo Minnie

• Reply Girl and Closet October 30, 2012 at 9:52 pm

The colours in your outfit are divine and that jacket is the perfect topper!! Adore this look Alex! And I'm so happy to hear that the 30 challenge went well for you. I'm doing the same and it's made a big difference for my digestion. Plus, agreed, it's so important to be aware of what kind of foods we put into our body – something that we really don't hear or are taught enough of! Hope your staying dry in this crazy Vancouver weather!! xo V

• Reply Wren KW October 30, 2012 at 10:01 pm

That skirt is such a classic piece. I love it.

Also Whole30 sounds amazing. So often we just eat junk because we're not thinking or we are in a rush or we are too lazy. I definitely need to learn to be more mindful of my eating habits.

• Reply Veronica P. October 30, 2012 at 10:02 pm

Head to toe perfection dear Alexandra , including the photos! A perfect outfit for Fall !

• Reply Carmen October 30, 2012 at 11:24 pm

Oh that looks so cute with that skirt and belt and I also love the coat!

• Reply Marisa October 30, 2012 at 11:28 pm

This is such a great fall outfit and totally something I could pull off for work…thanks for the idea!

• Reply dreamingincashmere October 30, 2012 at 11:37 pm

You look so stunning in all of these photos!! Love the belt tied like that:) You've peaked my interest in the Whole3o challenge. I think it would be so good for me.
    xo, amy

• Reply Manda October 31, 2012 at 12:26 am

I'm a huge fan of big dangle earrings- plus, you look fabulous in them! ๐Ÿ™‚
    Eat Cake

• Reply Ginny October 31, 2012 at 1:07 am

Just found your blog, love your style. Now following you ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply Petite Adventures October 31, 2012 at 1:24 am

Congratulations on completing the Whole30 Challenge! Any recipes to share?
    I adore this look – the colour combo is stunning!

Kate xo

• Reply October 31, 2012 at 1:38 am

amazing picture!! so beautiful!

• Reply Hannah October 31, 2012 at 1:50 am

These photos are absolutely beautiful! I love fall ๐Ÿ™‚

Kisses! xo, H

• Reply Olivia Moone October 31, 2012 at 1:54 am

gorgeous colors and flawless pictures!! Love these!

• Reply Kacie October 31, 2012 at 2:13 am

I always love the lighting in your photos! So pretty!

• Reply Carlee, Almost Endearing October 31, 2012 at 2:17 am

I love this outfit so much! The colors and the colors with those trees in the background so lovely. I am your newest follower. Beautiful blog.
    Almost Endearing

• Reply Jodi October 31, 2012 at 3:09 am

Hey gorgeous.. beautiful outfit.. you should be in a Ralph Lauren magazine ๐Ÿ™‚ hot stuff.. xoxo J

• Reply Natasha xoxo October 31, 2012 at 4:15 am

Such a great outfit! Love your boots ๐Ÿ™‚

xo, tasha
    Enter to win a statement necklace + bracelet set

• Reply Erin October 31, 2012 at 4:16 am

Congrats on the Whole30! Sounds amazing! And you look gorgeous as ever! I love the tweed coat and the warm shades of this outfit. The tights are an awesome touch, too.

• Reply Bernadette Czle October 31, 2012 at 4:33 am

love <3

• Reply lucia m October 31, 2012 at 5:53 am

• Reply E October 31, 2012 at 6:07 am

Congrats on completing your 30 day challenge!

I love the colors of your outfit. Your coat is beautiful too ๐Ÿ™‚

<3 Emi

• Reply t October 31, 2012 at 6:24 am

Nice coat!

• Reply Yuriza Astari Rizkyta October 31, 2012 at 8:33 am

You look so beautiful, cute earrings!
    I'm your newest follower, I'm happy if you want to follow me back ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply Princess of California October 31, 2012 at 9:23 am

are you a model? great style!! xx

• Reply Karolina October 31, 2012 at 9:57 am

Lovely look! Love orange tones in autumn!

xx Karolina

Caramode BlogBloglovinFacebook

• Reply Emotion Wizard October 31, 2012 at 1:04 pm

• Reply hermes bag outlet December 14, 2012 at 7:04 am

selling prices so waterproof jackets are the best answers for you. You also buy any makes cheap prada handbags as a gift which will be remembered for a very long time. If you are not able obtain any types of chanel bag online from the authentic brand they attempt low cost designers hermes handbags online just for 1 time.