Aloha lovelies! So I’m finally back in Vancouver and am in the middle of the most hectic day: marathon packing for Toronto (I’m leaving at 4 a.m. tomorrow!), spending as much time with my family and puppy as possible and squeezing in a run through the forested trails that I love so much. Sad to be leaving and ever so slightly stressed by how little time I’ve had to get everything in order before hopping on a plane again, but above all I’m just really, really, really excited.
I thought about splitting up the recap post from my incredible vacay in Maui but I feel like once I’m in Toronto, I’ll be more eager to share my new East Coast surroundings with you. So sorry in advance for the photo-heavy post – it was so, so beautiful there and I somehow ended up coming home with 1400 pictures! If you follow me on Instagram (@tovogueorbust) you probably already know how snap-happy I’ve been about the trip, but what can I say…I don’t believe you can ever have too much of a good thing.
1. Every single night we had a sunset like this.
2. One of our first days in Maalaea and I’m obviously deliriously/terrifyingly happy.
3. Scallops at the Five Palms – needless to say, seafood in Maui is incredible.
4. This is what happens when you’re the youngest and the only boy.
5. Little sister and I joy leaping.
6. Mango mojito.
7. Fauna at the Iao Valley Needle.
8. The black sand beach in Hana – so beautiful, but we only lasted
about five minutes in the water! The waves were insane.
9. A few hours before we flew home. I’m smiling through the tears
…just smiling through the tears.
10. Shave ice. Like every day.
11. Of course…shopping. Lahaina has some of the most amazing shops.
12. At Maluaka Beach (my favourite beach…we beeline there everytime
we’re in Maui) in Makena.
13. Another amazing sign in Maui…there was also “Warning: Falling Sheep.” …I dunno.
14. The black sand beach was made from a flash overflow of lava
that shattered once it hit the water – you’re not supposed to take
any of it since one day, it will slowly be swept away by the ocean.
15. Beautiful hibiscus flower!
16. Kona Coffee Mudpie…this was taken about two seconds after the plate had been set down.
Just wanted to say both a quick thank you to all the lovely ladies who did guest posts while I was gone on vacay, and in the same breath, a quick sorry for having been a bit MIA to all of you blog pallys! I always like to make a point of heading onto everyone’s blogs regularly but I’m having a bit of a whirlwind week or two (…or three) and haven’t had a chance yet to catch up on all the latest posts. I promise to be much better once I’ve settled in Toronto!
Hope you all have an amazing week!