True Love

April 4, 2011
balenciagashades

I will never ever love any other collection as much as I love Balenciaga’s Fall 2010 collection.  I love the creativity, the colours, the silhouettes, and the fun of it all.  It was so lovely to wake up to this shot from Jak & Jil on such a rainy, grey Monday.
What about you?  Everyone tends to have a few favourite fashion houses, but do you have any collections in particular that you really fervently love?
I was supposed to do an outfit shoot tomorrow, but if the weather keeps up like this I might not be able to!  It’s actually raining so hard, it’s to the point that I’m going to have to sit out the run I was planning on doing later tonight.  That’s the way I like to look at it…I have to sit out this run, it’s totally out of my hands…right?!?  Say yes so I don’t feel guilty for slacking!
Image courtesy of Jak & Jil

• Reply Cee April 4, 2011 at 11:24 pm

This post made me laugh, mainly the part about sitting out your run, but then I looked out my office window and it's raining so hard, this really is out of your hands! I wouldn't dream of going out in this. But then, I'm a fairweather/treadmill runner πŸ™‚ As far as collections are concerned, I've never felt such a strong connection any one in particular, except (and this is going to sound silly compared to your Balenciaga) for J. Crew's fall of 2007 collection. I absolutely fell in love with the company based on the strength of their fall 2007 catalogue and very few things measure up to it, in my eyes πŸ™‚

• Reply allie April 5, 2011 at 4:58 am

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog πŸ™‚ I totally agree about the rain… it was absolutely insane out there today… definitely not running appropriate!

xo, allie
    accordingtoallieblog.blogspot.com

• Reply Sarah April 5, 2011 at 6:28 am

Oh I live in Washingtopn state so the rain NEVER stops over here. Kinda sad… Kinda not.
    I just found your blog through "Girl and Closet"
    I am loving it!

• Reply Fashion Cappuccino April 5, 2011 at 9:07 am

Hi Alexandra! I'm so glad you didn't misunderstand my comment and I know what you mean…sometimes the communication gets lost in translation. I love that shot from jak and jill! I also love looking at bright, colorful things when it's deary outside! There are so many of my favorite collections that I love…but I always love Marc by Marc Jacobs collection…every single item, every season! And Chloe! πŸ™‚ xoxoxoxo

• Reply Sarah April 5, 2011 at 9:39 pm

Balenciaga's F/W 2010 is hands down one of the greatest collections of all time. The shoes alone make me want to cry!

Sarah

• Reply CMA April 6, 2011 at 5:40 am

gorgeous!
    i hope you'll come visit COSMICaroline and see my 4-part, in-depth series on Nashville Fashion Week!

-COSMICaroline